Like the rest of the country and the world, Moreton Rivers Presbytery and the Queensland Synod is adapting and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We continue to support our congregations, communities and staff, this remains our highest priority, while adhering to the latest Government advice.
We want to encourage our churches and communities to PIN:
Communications to the Church in Queensland
- Coronavirus update for presbyteries and congregations (3 April 2020)
- Frequently asked questions: Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) (31 March 2020)
- Coronavirus update for chaplains (30 March 2020)
- Coronavirus pastoral letter (18 March 2020)
- Statement from the Uniting Church in Australia Queensland Synod regarding coronavirus (18 March 2020)
- Coronavirus update for Queensland Synod (16 March 2020)
Live streaming worships
Resources for mission and ministry
- Ministry resources regarding coronavirus (18 March 2020)
- Government fact Hall hire cleaning
- Resources for Children and Families Ministry
- Faith in the Digital Age Report
- Principles of Emergency Ministry by Rev Dr Stephen Robinson
- Seven hints for speaking to camera
- Dispersed non-contact non-digital worship resources
- COVID Line of Credit application form
- Line of Credit process – fact sheet
- Statement of monthly cash flow
- Guidelines for safe online ministry
- Frequently asked questions: The church congregation as an employer
- Risk assessment for ministry agents during COVID-19
- Liturgy – Blessing and Prayers for a Loved One’s Passing
- Liturgy – Blessing and Prayers in the Valley of the Shadow of Death
- Liturgy – Blessing and Prayers for the Palliative Care Journey
Resources for and from Agencies and Community Service Activities
Churches can extend their CCLI music licences if they haven't already, by contacting CLLI here to livestream across any platform, whether it is from a website or from Facebook. The approximate add-on to your licence will be approximately $2 per person if you haven't already got livestreaming.
- LICENCE / COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
- Church Online Platform
- Open Broadcasting Software: - How to use OBS - Training Video
- Guide to ZOOM: Super Easy Guide ZOOM
Moving More Resourcing On-line
Free Music Licence: One License is providing gratis license options valid through April 15, 2020 giving permission to reprint or project music for their congregations from Member Publishers and also to podcast or stream religious services.
Because the Lord’s My Shepherd: Song and music score composed by Rev. David McGregor for Psalm 23, which is in the Lectionary for this Sunday 21 March. Chris McNaught has recorded the vocals.
Click here for the Music
Click here for the Score Sheet:
See also this post from the Progressive Christian Artists Network on access to streaming music.
Toilet Paper Blues: A 5-minute reflection and prayer from Rev. Rod Pattenden, Adamstown Uniting Church on toilet paper shortages – “We thank you God that you provide us with what we need.”
Reflection on community in the midst of a pandemic: a theological reflection by Rev. Dr John Squires on how we be Church in the midst of a crisis.
Colliding calamities are hurting the most vulnerable - a reflection by Doug Taylor, Director of Mission, Communities and Social Impact at Uniting
Certainty in uncertain times: Reflection and Prayer from Ravenswood School Chaplain Rev. Jon Humphries
A Call to Worship for Dispersed People: Prayer from Craig Mitchell
Aspley Uniting Church - Sundays at 8.30am a traditional service and 9.30am a family service
Each week a Worship Service will be pre-recorded and uploaded to our new Chermside Kedron Community Church YouTube Chanel. I want to encourage you to meet together on Sunday in small groups and families to share a meal, watch the service together and enjoy fellowship. The early church consisted of small, local groups gathering in each other’s homes. It’s been done before! Please be proactive in our gathering and lets not stop meeting together. Here is the first uploaded video to welcome you to the channel.
Merthyr Rd Uniting Church - Here are some resources for the next 3 weeks for worship at home. We will be trying to add to this with a live streamed reflection on our facebook page and website for the following week
NewLife Brisbane @10am 4pm & 6pm on Sundays
also following us on Instagram and Facebook under @newlifebrisbane
Girls' Brigade Queensland - Join Pastor Rob Mann and Phil Edwards for “Sunday Morning Together” live across Australia this Sunday morning on Vision Christian Radio.
There will be worship, good conversation, prayer, teaching and communion…. although we’ll probably skip that bit where we shake hands.
We’d love for you to join with us as we bring together thousands of others staying home. We can still worship God no matter what is happening around us.
GROW at Home - Sunday 29 March 2020
Way to Live -is an old resource, it's a book with a leaders guide that has a number of spiritual practices and conversation starters and material on a number of spiritual practices. The book is hard to get, but the leaders guide is still Gold
Family Prayer Practices - is really useful and has devotional packages and colouring in pages, if you've got kids over 5 who won't rip it up then their material can be blown up to large pages and people can spend an entire day colouring as meditation and prayer, they also have great guides for families on Lent and other themes. They will also have a free to access resource while we're going through the pandemic over the next few months
Other Useful resources:
Igniter Media - Ignitermedia has a huge library of video resources - most of which are able to be streamed. There are plenty for Easter as well as general ones.
Holy Habits - There are some great Holy Habits resource, including the Messy Church book that gives ideas for you to use with families
Spill the Beans - creating worship resources for households
Uniting Church Assembly RESOURCES