What if we spent more of our ministry focus on empowering households with faith formational experiences? Here’s a few ideas to get you started.
This page is going to have ongoing Faith ideas for households.
Useful Websites and Resources
- Worshiping with Children – Lectionary based worship ideas including Family Worship at home Ideas for each week.
- Flame Creative Children’s Ministry – Lots of hands on ideas
- Family Faith Formation Resources – a post with links to lots of useful resources including websites, Facebook Groups/Pages, Apps, Downloadables, Books & Other Resources.
- Family.Fit – a mobile phone tool that will help a family be fit and healthy, stay connected, & grow in character & faith. 3 sessions each week around a weekly theme. Each session has a warm-up, movement, a movement challenge, exploring scripture & finishes with active play.
- Faith-Filled Practices for Uncertain Times – Different Faith Practice ideas for families.
- Faithful Families by Traci Smith – A collection of ideas for families to use to connect faith to everyday moments. The book contains faith practices that can be used with babies to young adults leaving home and everything in between.
- Sticky Faith Family Collection from Fuller Youth Institute – a collection of books & films that are designed to help implement the Sticky Faith insights to help nurture a faith in children that will stick as they grow.
Creative Prayer Ideas
At Home ideas to explore the lectionary readings each week
- Have a fish & chip dinner and read Ex 14:19-31
- A Visual way to tell the Parting of the Red Sea story
- Tell the story using objects to make sounds
- Go for a nature walk and then make a journey stick as you explore Ex 14:19-31
- The Forgiving King/Queen Craft - Matt 18:21-35 (scroll down to find instructions)
- Count 70 items of something to show what this number looks like
- Discussion questions for Matt 18:21-35: If you were the King in today’s story, would you have forgiven the first official at the beginning? Why/why not? Why do you think God wants us to forgive people? What would happen if we didn’t? If you have forgiven someone, should you forget what they did?
- Discussion Questions for Matt 20:1-16: What do you think Jesus meant by “Everyone who is now first will be last, and everyone who is last will be first.”? Do you think it was fair that all the workers in the story were paid the same amount? Why/Why not?
- Read Phil 2:1-11. V6-11 are like a creed or statement of belief. What do you believe about God/Jesus? Write your own creed. Or use playdough to model how your faith can be expressed.
- Click here for an explanation of the 10 Commandments using your 10 fingers.
- Go outside & look at the sky. If it's daytime, look at the clouds, what do you see? If it's nighttime look at the stars. Read psalm 19.
- Click here for a reflection on the Psalm 19.
- Share some grapes and read Matt 21:33-46. Discuss or google how grapes are grown. How do you think this passage relates to faith?